- (b) You will not alter or modify any part of the Website, including without limitation the Embedded Player.
- (c) You will not access Website content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Website itself or other explicitly authorized means that UCB may designate.
- (d) You agree not to use the Website for any commercial purpose, without UCB's prior written consent. Prohibited commercial purposes include any of the following actions taken without UCB's express approval:
- (i) sale of access to the Website on another website;
- (ii) the sale of advertising, on any third-party website, targeted to any Website content;
- (iv) any use of the Website that, as determined by UCB in its sole discretion, uses UCB's resources with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for the Website and/or the Content (as defined in Section 4 below).
- (e) You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the UCB server in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, UCB grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy Content from the site for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available searchable indices of the Content, but not caches or archives of Content. UCB reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from the Website for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website.
- Ownership of Content. "Content" means the content on the Website, including, without limitation, its text, software, scripts, graphics, images, sounds, music, videos, the Embedded Player, interactive features, as well as any trademarks, service marks and logos contained in the Website. The "Embedded Player" is a media player that is downloadable from the Website and embeddable into third party websites, through which an audio-visual file from the Website may be accessed by Streaming (as described below). The Content is owned by or licensed to UCB and is subject to intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark rights, as well as other rights under the law.
- Your Use of Content. In addition to the general restrictions in Section 3 above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content:
- (a) Content is provided "as is," and, except as expressly permitted by UCB, may not be downloaded (i.e., copied from the Website to your computer or other device), copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. UCB reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content.
- (b) You may access Content solely:
- (i) for your information and personal use;
- (ii) as intended through the Website's normal functionality;
- (iii) with respect to certain videos, by Streaming. "Streaming" means a contemporaneous digital transmission of an audiovisual work via the Internet from the Website to a user's device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be copied, stored, downloaded, or redistributed by the user. Accessing streaming-only videos for any purpose or in any manner other than by Streaming is prohibited; and
- (iv) with respect to certain videos as expressly permitted by UCB, by download.
- (c) You may access Content only as permitted under this Agreement. If a video posted on the Website is not clearly designated as being available for download, you are not permitted to download it.
- (d) You agree not to engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content taken from the Website other than as expressly permitted herein.
- (e) You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with (i) security-related features of the Website, (ii) features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content, or (iii) features that enforce limitations on use of the Website or the Content.
- (f) You understand and acknowledge that, when using the Website, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that UCB is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to the Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against UCB with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless UCB, its affiliates, licensors, successors and assigns, and its and their owners/operators, officers, employees, contractors and agents to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Website.
- Downloadable Videos. You may download from the Website certain videos clearly designated by UCB as available for download. These videos may be downloaded free of charge for your personal use and you may disseminate them by email over the internet for your friends' personal use, provided that you do not, and cause your recipients to not, (1) charge a fee or require other consideration connected in any way with these videos or the distribution of them, (2) reproduce these videos other than to distribute them free of charge to friends; (3) edit these videos to delete the credits or other notices contained therein or otherwise alter the videos, (4) make a derivative work using, or based on, the videos, any portion of the videos, or any elements of the videos, including, without limitation, the soundtrack, plot, dialog and characters, or (5) make any use of the videos except as expressly permitted herein without the prior written consent of UCB.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act; Notice. If you are a copyright owner or a copyright owner's agent and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our copyright agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further details):
- (a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- (b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on the Website;
- (c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit UCB to locate the material;
- (d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the UCB to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- (e) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- (f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
UCB's designated copyright agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is Mr. Alex Sidtis, 266 West 37th Street, 12th floor, New York, NY 10018 email: email@example.com, fax: 212.366.9230. For the sake of clarity, only DMCA notices should go to Alex at this email address; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to UCB customer service through support@UCBcomedy.com. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 7, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- Warranty Disclaimer. THE WEBSITE, TOGETHER WITH THE CONTENT, IS PROVIDED "AS IS", AND, ACCORDINGLY, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UCB, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARUES AND RELATED ENTITIES OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR OWNERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. UCB MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT, OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE WEBSITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, OMISSIONS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES IN ANY SUCH MATERIAL, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE SERVER AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE, (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (VI) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE. UCB DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND UCB WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO, OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION AS APPROPRIATE.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL UCB, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES OR RELATED ENTITIES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR OWNERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, OMISSIONS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES IN THE CONTENT OR THE USER SUBMISSIONS, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE'S SERVER[S] AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (VI) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT OR USER SUBMISSIONS POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER ORNOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT UCB SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Website is controlled and offered by UCB from its facilities in the United States of America. UCB makes no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Website from other jurisdictions do so at their risk and are responsible for compliance with local law.